Iron Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Know if Something Will Work for You

Go down

How to Know if Something Will Work for You Empty How to Know if Something Will Work for You

Post  Drew Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 am

I posted this in the intermediate section for a reason. This is actually more for high intermediates, but you judge for yourself if you think you fit the description. First let's try to define an intermediate. To be considered an intermediate lifter you should be somewhere around a 200 bench, 300 squat, and 400 deadlift. If those numbers seem a long way off then this article is not for you, not right now at least. You should also have been training for at least a year, even if you can hit those numbers. Somebody who hits those numbers their first workout is still a beginner, you can't just skip the beginner's stage no matter how strong you start out.

Now for the point of the article. The only way to know if something will work for you is to TRY it. I see intermediate guys constantly wavering about whether they should try this routine or not, or this diet, etc. Just go ahead and TRY IT. If it doesn't work, oh well, you learned something about yourself. Do this enough times and you will learn exactly what will and will not work for your body. However, when trying something new you have to give it enough time. If you're trying a new diet you need to give it at least 8 weeks. Probably about the same for a new routine, maybe a little longer. And who cares what the "gurus" say about it as long as it works for you?

This is NOT an excuse for you to go try some ridiculous 6 day Arnold Schwarzenegger bodybuilding routine. That is why I wrote this for intermediates. You should have somewhat of an idea of the sort of things that will work for you and those that won't. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You have to make it a lifestyle to make it very far in this sport.

Drew

Drew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum