Iron Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if?

Go down

What if? Empty What if?

Post  Drew Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Here is a post aimed at all the small MF's our there that are always concerned about balance and symmetry. So much so that they do 3-5 exercises per body-part to ensure “complete development” of all “aspects” of a muscle. Most people in the teen sections are beginners in every possible way, but many, if not most of you want to do 3-6 day a week volume routines suited for genetic freaks on steroids. What if all you did was:

Squats 350 x 10
Stiff-legged deadlifts 315 x 12
Bench Press 250 x 10
Pull-Up with 50 lbs extra weight x 10
Military Press Body-Weight x 6
Calf-Raise 400 x 15
Weighted Sit-Up 100 x 12
BTW, these are watered down numbers from what this post states in the regular section.

How much bigger would you be than you are now, and what muscle would be underdeveloped?!?!?!?!?!?

What if that was ALL THE LIFTS YOU ACTUALLY DID ON A WEEK-TO-WEEK BASIS, BUT ACTUALLY DID THAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT? AND SINCE THAT WAS ALL YOU DID YOU NEVER OVERTRAINED AND YOU WERE ALWAYS ABLE ADD A LITTLE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT TO THE BAR. HOW MUCH FUCKING BIGGER WOULD YOU BE THAN YOU ARE NOW???????

I am NOT saying that you should only do 7 lifts a week--but I have at times in the past and I have known many people who have. The point is that you do not necessarily need to do a very abbreviated routine, but.....what if that was all the work you did and actually did these lifts for the poundage's listed? Do you really think anything would be "undeveloped? Are these lifts impossible? No, we have board members that can do them, and they are all very big and strong. I have done some of them and came close on others (350 x 20 squat, 300 x 10 bench, 385 x 12 stiff-leg dead, 75 + bodyweight chin x 8, weighted sit-up 200 x 10, and have pulled 405 x 23) so I know it can be done over the LONG-TERM.

And BTW I do NOT believe that anyone is capable of these level lifts. But.....what if you got as close as you could? Would you not be bigger than you are now at your current lift level?

If you can progress in strength doing 3-5 lifts a bodypart by all means use it! But if you are forever stuck on doing the same lifts with the same weight week after week, perhaps another approach will be useful

Iron Addict

Drew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum