Iron Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running and weight training - from ironaddicts.com

3 posters

Go down

Running and weight training - from ironaddicts.com Empty Running and weight training - from ironaddicts.com

Post  Admin Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:07 am

Here is why running and weightlifting are NOT compatible.

A 200 lb guy produces between 800-1000 lbs of force on every foot-fall when running. It is not a big deal until you add up the 1000's of impacts during a jogging session. It dampens CNS output. CNS IS what allows you to lift the weights. Dampen CNS to any decent degree and you will find you cannot progress with the weights.
It produces a lot of cortisol. Cortisol slows or halts muscle growth once too much is present.
Because of the eccentric component protein turnover goes up. You end up protein deficient even though you are consuming a lot.
The body has inherent intelligence. Running and lifting heavy objects are at opposite ends of the spectrum. First you try telling your body it needs to increase mass density by lifting heavy things. Then you run which tells the body that being lighter is an advantage. You end up short circuiting the growth process.

Try and find BODYBUILDERS--not guys that lift weights that run. You will find VERY, VERY FEW, and if you do find an example, what you are really finding is a genetic freak often on steroids. If that is not you, you should consider leaving out running.

IA

Admin
Admin

https://ironsport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Running and weight training - from ironaddicts.com Empty Re: Running and weight training - from ironaddicts.com

Post  Refused Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:33 pm

This has me confused. The same guy advocates doing cardio in his Timed Carb Dieting article, so am I just taking this the wrong way? I personally do 15 minutes of LISS after my workout and HIIT on non-workout days. Is that bad?

Refused

Back to top Go down

Running and weight training - from ironaddicts.com Empty Re: Running and weight training - from ironaddicts.com

Post  Drew Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Refused wrote:This has me confused. The same guy advocates doing cardio in his Timed Carb Dieting article, so am I just taking this the wrong way? I personally do 15 minutes of LISS after my workout and HIIT on non-workout days. Is that bad?

Cardio and lifting are compatible, but RUNNING and lifting are not. There are plenty of other forms of cardio you can do. Sled pulling, pushing the prowler, walking, riding a bike, swimming, elliptical, stair master, even hill sprints can be okay if you don't do too many or do them too often. He's talking about distance running. If you're running then you're not doing LISS. LISS would be something like walking or riding a stationary bike slowly. For HIIT I would do something other than running.

Drew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down