Iron Sport
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teens and Supplements - The Big Secret - from ironaddicts.com

2 posters

Go down

Teens and Supplements - The Big Secret - from ironaddicts.com Empty Teens and Supplements - The Big Secret - from ironaddicts.com

Post  Drew Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 pm

What should you take, how much, and When?

The simple answer? FOOD, as much as possible, all the time.

I see so many people from 15-20 (and even older than that) making the same mistake I did, and so many others in this sport. That mistake was spending far too much time researching and spending the little money I had on supplements. I'm not going to say they aren't worth it because there are plenty of decent products out there that can benefit you in the long run, but NOTHING is going to give you a pro body builder's physique any time soon. Sorry; like stated a million times before, there is no secret supplement, no matter what any company claims.

I can assure you, that you'll have the best gains you have ever had if you spend your research time on diet information, and training tips. . . once you have a good grasp on what that is (if you don't want to hire Wes or Redpointfitness.com to make it easier) then take a break from reading and start applying. Do not make changes until you stall, do not over-analyze, do nothing but what needs to be done: High protein and the appropriate carbs and fats for your body type followed by heavy weights, lots of rest, and a good attitude.

You can succeed at realistic goals, and take your body much further than any 'Ultimate Pump Elephant Ball sweat' product ever will.

If you are not Benching 1.5x's (or more) of your body weight, squatting 2x's (or more), and deadlifting 2x's (or more) you need nothing more than Some:

Creatine monohydrate 15g, spread over 2-3 doses (Buy a kilo, it will last you a long time)
NOW's ADAM multivitamin
And Trueprotein's custom blend of 30% Milk protein isolate, 40% whey concentrate and 30% Whey isolate cold filtered

Truthfully, You can get away with less. Eat 5-6 times a day, with 50g of protein per meal and you can skip all of the above, but I know we all feel special when we take something so the list is there. Look at one of our stronger members on the board, DBCB. He put on a ton of weight and strength with minimal supplement use. Ask him what he takes and why (Don't actually, he'll hate you if you bug him ). Why does he take so little? Because he has other financial priorities i.e. college, and it doesn't take very much to go far from where you started.

That's it. Pretty simple. Do not take what so-and-so is because he got huge, do not Take What IA takes, or me or anyone else. Why? Because you are not he, nor me. You don't have the money, the hook-ups, the time and development that these others do. When you have put 50 pounds on your frame and 400+ pounds on your 3 lift total, come see me, I'll write up an entire supplement regimen for you. Until then:

STOP WASTING MONEY AND TIME- You do not need malate bonded arginine coupled with 15 sets of bicep curls. You're 17! Eat, lift, sleep, grow. Spend that extra $50-100 a month on food, it will take you much further. That's the 'Big Secret.' The End.

Drew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Teens and Supplements - The Big Secret - from ironaddicts.com Empty Re: Teens and Supplements - The Big Secret - from ironaddicts.com

Post  Teagle95 Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks this was a great artical. I have a 14 year old that is busy with baseball all the time. He has a membership with a gym and a personal trainer. He wants to put on weight but its not working good for him because it seems that he burns it off as quick as he puts it on. What is the best foods for him and his high metabulizum?

Teagle95

Back to top Go down

Teens and Supplements - The Big Secret - from ironaddicts.com Empty Re: Teens and Supplements - The Big Secret - from ironaddicts.com

Post  Drew Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Teagle95 wrote:Thanks this was a great artical. I have a 14 year old that is busy with baseball all the time. He has a membership with a gym and a personal trainer. He wants to put on weight but its not working good for him because it seems that he burns it off as quick as he puts it on. What is the best foods for him and his high metabulizum?

Is he eating breakfast? If not he should be. And it shouldn't consist of cereal or pop-tarts, he needs some kind of protein like eggs, bacon, sausage, chicken, etc. He shoul be eating at least 3 large meals a day. If he still can't gain weight have him drink 2 casein protein shakes everyday. 2 scoops each. One in the morning and one after lifting or before bed if he doesn't lift that day. Milk, any type of meat, potatos, bread, nuts, and peanut butter would all be good foods for him. Make sure he is still eating vegetables though, because without them his blood will be too acidic which will inhibit muscle growth. This isn't necessarily the type of diet I would suggest for anyone, but a lot of teens need an unbelievable amount of calories to gain weight, especially if they're extremely active.

Drew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down